-->

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Rain

It rained here Tuesday or Wednesday, quite a lot. By coincidence my brand new waterproof beach/running shoes had just arrived the day before. How convenient. I wrapped my camera in several sandwich bags and headed out into the torrential downpour; at its highest the water reached nearly to my knees, a disgusting melange the ingredients of which only those familiar with Charleston will infer. I showered immediately afterward. It was immensely satisfying.

A man walks through ankle-deep water with a pink umbrella.

A pickup truck up to its fender in flood water drives through a flooded street.

A man with an umbrella walks through a deserted tourist attraction.

A firetruck slugs through a flooded street.

A street sign in a flooded street wisely warns, "Do Not Enter."

A man in a hat walks through the rain in front of a historic building.

4 comments:

Ariel said...

Wow. Makes me miss real rain. And Charleston. Reminds me of the time I was walking back from downtown to the condo and I got caught in a torrential downpour. It was then that i discovered my skirt was see-through when wet, displaying my black underwear for all the world to see.

Ciana Pullen said...

How unladylike! I'll have you know that I was dressed properly for the occasion.

Ciana Pullen said...

Ok, karma payback for my last comment. I definitely got stuck in the rain Saturday in a white crepe blouse with a lacy see-through bra underneath as the farmer's market closed. what fun.

smash said...

That pink umbrella pic is sweet!